Today my lil' sis turns the big 3-0! She certainly doesn't look it! For some reason she is having a hard time with this b'day like I did with my last. We are alike in some ways, this just goes to prove it! :)
Thirty years ago today, I remember being whisked to my neighbor's house with my brother. It was a big day and I remember the anticipation as we awaited the phone call saying that my little baby sister had been born. It was an evening of trying to keep our minds preoccupied. Playing with friends, eating popcorn (made on the stove) and watching the tube with the good ole' boys on D-u-k-e-s of H-a-z-a-r-d and the Bar-bara Man-drell show! I was so excited when we got the call that Gail had been born.
I remember getting to go to the hospital to see her for the first time. She was like a little doll. I couldn't wait to get her home. Growing up with 6 years between us, we didn't play a whole lot together. We did some, but not a ton. All those years living together we had our share of good and bad times. But we are sisters, we stick together! I miss her greatly. I wish we lived closer to each other so we could spend more time with each other, just the two of us. There is something special about sisters! I am so glad to have a special sister in my life! I love you, Gail! Happy Birthday!
2 comments:
What a lovely post! Happy Birthday to your sister, Gail. Even though I don't know her, I'm sure she's a wonderful lady. You paint a beautiful picture of her.
Karen, thank you for that sweet note. Feels REALLY good to have someone like you who I can call my "SISSER" - grin :) You know I love you, too, with ALL of my heart. There is no "friend" more important in my life than you. You know that...another grin. Miss you. Love you. Hey, where's my 30th bday pic? Ha!
P.S. To "Jo from Dixie"...thank you. You're very sweet. And it sounds strange to be called "lady" considering I still feel like a kid...who has three kids. Yikes. Where did time go?
Post a Comment