Friday, June 18, 2010

My Heart Beats On

8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NIV)


When life gets hard and trials hit, that's when we get weary and want to give up. 5, 6, 7 weeks ago, that's where I was. I wanted to crawl in a hole or run away. Through this season of seeking a job for Jason, I've become so dependent on the Lord. Well, after my initial devastation. I'm telling you, it "rocked my world." Once I got through the shock and anger, I realized that I can't continue to suffer alone... or with my husband. God is teaching me so much!

I know that He will carry us through. Some days seam harder than others, but He is what motivates me to press on! Being reminded of what God has done for me, salvation through grace alone..... makes my heart beat on! He KNOWS my every need. He KNOWS what I am going through and how it feels. I take comfort in that.

We will come through this season of our life so much stronger, I feel it already. But, I have to say the valley isn't fun. Then I remember, God doesn't promise that everything will be easy and fun. (Ugh!! That's how I would like it.) How much would I be missing then if life was always easy? He has us right where He wants us!

So through this, I will keep my eyes on Him, because the moment I take my eyes off Him..... I flatline. And that my friend, is no way to live!

3 comments:

Jo from Dixie said...

I'm so sorry he's having a hard finding work. You say it so well...we cannot take our eyes of the One who is always there for us sustaining us through all the challenges in life. We will continue praying for just the right position to open up for Jason, as well as for your family's well-being. Call if you want to talk.

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

You hit the nail on the head. I was there this time last year! After the shock, I was actually excited to see what God planned for us. Although I was hoping it would be the perfect opportunity to finally get out of this city, apparently God still has plans for us here. My FAVORITE verse is Jeremiah 29:11. He certainly knows better than we do. I'm so glad.
Can't wait to see what He has planned for you! Love you!

Mom said...

Karen, I know full well that walking through the valley is not pleasant, but He says He walks with you and THROUGH the valley, not just in it. There is much more He has for you and your family. I am so proud of you--and both my girls to see what strong women you are in the Lord. I love you immensely but God loves you even more. You cannot lose!