Sunday, June 22, 2008

Prayer for a local family

My heart has been so heavy for a local family (of 12) who lost their home in a fire last week. Through all their heartache and pain they are leaning on the Only One who can heal their wounds. Praise God.... all got out safely and no one was injured. I read the blog that the mom/wife has started about their roller coaster journey they've been on the past week. What a blessing their testimony is! As I sat here reading their blog, I cried and cried, for so many reasons (some happy, some sad). I know they are in the loving hands of my Heavenly Father and I am in awe of how He is working in their lives. I know I shouldn't be in awe, but He continues to amaze me more and more! The peace the family is feeling because they are in His hands is incredible. Don't get me wrong, they are having their emotional breakdowns, but all in all they are doing remarkably well. Will you please join me in praying for this Godly family? What a blessing they have been to me. Click here to read their blog. We have so much to be thankful for.


Jeremiah 29:11-13
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Karen, what I feel for this family's pain, I can't explain. Just assure them that I will be praying and I will share this need with my prayer group in Miami. God is being honored in them and will continue to be. I read the blog and am amazed by it all--not at God's goodness but by their ability to lean on him so strongly. He surely has many blessings in store for them. What a testimony of His love and grace!