Just a quick update.... we are out of the house and staying with our sweet neighbors. Praise God for such wonderful neighbors opening up their home and adding 4 more to their house. I have been so overwhelmed with all of this and have my moments of "holding it together." Each day seems better and better.
Thank you to all of you who have called/e-mailed. We are taking this whole thing day by day. for those who don't know, we have a wildlife company who we contacted to come and set humane traps to catch our critter(s). The guy comes everyday to check. Today..... he caught something. Jason called the guy and he said he drove the animal 35 mi. out to release it. When he did it was a juvenile skunk. DUH!!! The juvenile part had me a little concerned, but hey! It's gone! One down. I don't know how many more to go, if any. Hopefully by Friday they can get into the crawl space and survey the damage and then can start the deodorizing process. The house smelled a little better this morning, but in no way is it good!
All this is wearing on us a little and as much as we are thankful for a warm, cozy and friendly home to stay in right now, we want our "home" back. Just not in its current condition. It's going to be a long process.
Please keep us in your prayers!
3 comments:
Karen,
Please let us know if you need anything. Rainer filled me in as we've been out of town and out of the blog loop. We'll be praying for y'all!!
I'm just so sorry your family is having to go through this. I finally found out what was causing the skunk smell in Cole's room. No kidding. It was a true, but mild skunk smell. In fact, after 2 days of not being able to locate the cause it was beginning to make it's way down the stairwell.
A little boy up the street had dunked one of Cole's old tennis shoes into a bucket of dirty water and Cole proceeded to wear them home and put them in his floor...WET! I kid you not, they smelled SOOOOOO BAD! Anyway, after throwing the shoes away and Febreezing the entire upstairs multiple times I'm happy to say the smell is finally gone.
I wish you well and hope that you're back in your home very soon.
Thank you Jessica and Jeannie! This has been so surreal. I know we will get thru it with God on our side. Keep praying!
Post a Comment