Friday, February 6, 2009

The Yak and the Cow

Today at lunch Ryan and I are sitting at the table, when all of a sudden he comes out with this: "I wish we had a yak in da backyard." HUH??? I repeated what he said to make sure I understood correctly. A yak? Didn't even know he really knew about yaks! O.K. Here is the rest of this funny converstaion:

Me: "Really?! What would you do with a yak in the backyard?"

R: "Well, I'd put some yogrit out dere."

Me: "Oh, ok! So, what's the yogurt for?"

R: "Um, for da cow." (duh, mom!)

(at this point, I'm really lost... but he wasn't -- I guess that's a good thing.)

Me: "Oh, so you want a cow and a yak in the backyard?"

R: "Uh, huh! But I give dem yogrit to eat and I tell dem to stop."
Me: "So you'd give them yogurt and then tell them to stop eating it?"

R: "No, I tell dem to stop playing on the swing and slide and da trampoline." (double duh!)

Me: "Yeah, it probably wouldn't be good for the yak and cow to play on those things, huh?"

R: "No. And Puppy's (his little puppy blanket) going to eat da yogrit and I'm gonna let him too."


That was it! He was done with that conversation and onto playing our ususal game of "What starts with the letter ___?" Today it was letter P! He came up with a great list!

He is so funny! He keeps me laughing. I love to see his little imagination growing. Hope he doesn't ask for a yak and a cow for his birthday! I don't think the neighbors would like that too much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny Boy!! What fun. BTW---I love the new font and the boldness; I can READ it. Thanks.

Jo from Dixie said...

Isn't it funny how they come up with such off the wall things? Kelsey is constantly changing subjects in the middle of a conservation and it makes me just laugh. What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I like Kelsey did that as a child. My mom nicknamed me "Thorndyke" b/c I changed subjects as often as the Encyclopedia!

Anonymous said...

Tell him I've always wanted to ride a yak ... don't know if anyone really does, but since I read my first book about MT. Everest and that they use yaks to transport gear ... I have a need for a yak!

Glad Ryan's my kind of guy!