Monday, March 17, 2008

Creeking Off!


The other day when Nathan got home from school, I took the boys to the park. It was a perfect day! Ryan even tried the swings (something he has NEVER really liked--- EVER). He loved swinging..... in my lap.


He eventually tried it on his own and was grinning from ear to ear.
After a while they wanted to go down to the creek. So off we went. We made our way around the path, to the bridge and down to the creek.




Of course the boys had to pick up sticks along the way. And who can go to the creek without throwing something in the water? They gathered rocks and leaves and tossed them in. They had a great time. I enjoyed watching them have fun. While down at the creek bank a kid asked us if we had seen a boy in a "navy black" (huh?) shirt. Nathan said, "Yep, he's over there, 'Creeking off'." I got so tickled. Nathan decided we needed to give it a try..... so we were off...... "Creeking off."


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two of the cutest boys in the world. Think I'll go "creeking off"---sounds like fun.

Lowman Family said...

I am so excited that you started a family blog. I will be checking in often. :)

Turner Family said...

Lacie and I enjoyed reading your blog. We will be checking in soon. Nathan says the most unforgetable things. Like the time he called Wenn Mr. Sir. And the time he called him Mr. Will's dad!!! But "Creeking off" is priceless!!!

Anonymous said...

As I was reading this again, it reminded me of your favorite musical as a child, "Down by the Creekbank". You should find the music for this and add to your blog.

Anonymous said...

Heeeeheheeeeeheheeee! There's a little rhythm to that laugh. Oh, Nathan. Funny boy. Karen, I love the pictures...and your writing. Must run in the family. Wink, wink. ;) I'm glad you're doing this! - Tu hermana

Anonymous said...

My first visit and boy is it different. It's such a source of pride that you've started this blog. I couldn't be happier for you, Jason, and the boys. I look forward to reading more. Is there any way I can post pictures on this site?

Papaw