Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of Second Grade!

Nathan the 2nd grader!

It's official, school has begun! Today was Nathan's first day in 2nd grade. He has been so excited to get back to school. He has another wonderful teacher this year. We are so blessed. Jason prayed with Nathan this morning before he left for work. Later at breakfast I prayed for him and his teacher, classmates, etc. I couldn't quite hold it all together emotionally. That's okay, God heard me. I am so very thankful for the teacher God has chosen for Nathan. We had a fabulous 1st grade year and this will be a great one too. As I was driving Nathan to school this morning I said, "Hey Nathan, this is going to be an awesome school year!" "How do you know, Mommy?" he asked. "Because I just do, besides I've been praying about it." He replies, "Yes, it's going to be the best year ever!" I asked, "Oh, yeah? How do you know?" He said, "Well, I just do!" I am so glad he loves school! He just doesn't always seem to like the work! It's still all about the friends! I've prayed about that too! Here is a glimpse inside our morning as he started 2nd grade!


Meet Mrs. Wellhousen




Friends

Back to work!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dopey me, I did not bring the camera to school to take pics in the classroom. Love the one of Nathan and Austin shaking hands. Can you email it to me??

Anonymous said...

Wow---Nathan, you look so tall; Somebody quick, grab a brick, don't let him grow up so quickly.
Nah---guess it will happen anyway. Hope your year is a fantastic one, Nathan. We love you and miss you.