Our sweet Nathan has been awaiting this day for a VERY long time! Seeing how he got his first tooth when he was 11 months, the dentist had told us he would probably be 7 or 8 when he lost his first tooth.
He was really bummed all last year in first grade because all his classmates were loosing teeth and he wasn't. In June, this year, we found that his two bottom front teeth were loose. He was so excited. His eyes lit up! He knew the day was getting closer.
Last weekend we noticed that his permanent tooth was coming in behind his loose baby tooth. I of course call his dentist. He warned us that might happen. They told him to wiggle, wiggle, wiggle that tooth. I've been asking him every day. He'd wiggle it a little here and there.
Finally tonight, when I asked he said he was afraid it would hurt. I told him it would for just a second and then it would be all over with. I told him when he was ready, we could pull it. He thought he should get some string and then decided that Daddy could have the honors.
Well, Daddy scored! Nathan's tooth came out with a little "Ouch!" Then he was THRILLED it was out and now can't wait to get to school tomorrow!
If nothing else he's had to learn to be patient with this little tooth! Then again, I don't think it was too hard to be patient when he was expecting pain!
Nathan with all his baby teeth
Now for his other tooth to fall out. Who knows he may be singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!" Nah..... I don't think those would make his list... EVER!
2 comments:
how exciting! bryanna's finally lost a couple as well! such big kids now!!! good job to daddy for just a little ouch :)
Hey Nathan, you now have what Preston calls a "window tooth". Don't know where he got that idea, but that is what he said when Ethan lost his first tooth. Maybe you'll have more "windows" soon! Keep the Tooth Fairy busy!
Post a Comment