Friday, January 29, 2010

God showed up!

I've recently started a new Bible study with my Tues. night group of girls. I am so thankful for them and what God is teaching us. God has really been speaking to me and changing me.

This past week there was a part of our book that talked about stress and worry. Honestly, I think either one or both of those could have been my middle name. They fit me so well. I was informed this week that both of those "reek of arrogance!" Eeek.... that's not what I wanted to hear! But you know what, that's just what I needed to hear so I can make a change.

The past few months have been tough. J's job situation has been rough. Meeting goal has been sparse which = pay is less than expected. I haven't been stressed, but concerned, naturally. We both have. We've really been praying and relying on the Lord to see us through this valley.

In my daily prayer time, I've been asking God to help me see Him more, more in everyday situations, the little things, not just the big. Let me tell you... I've seen Him and I've felt Him! Woo!

This is just one way.... paying for Ryan's MDO the next few months was a concern. We had all the money saved up from Sept. to Jan. We just knew the rest would come in time. Well, here we are getting ready to have to pay Feb. tuition and I didn't know how we were going to come up with the money. I turned it over to God. I was at peace that we just might have to pull him out. I knew it would be hard on him, especially this month that he could celebrate his b'day at school with his classmates, but I was ready to do what I had to.

Well, as most know, a few months back I had my wisdom teeth removed. We were recently informed that we were overcharged and they were refunding us some money. Hoping it would be refunded before Christmas was our plan. Thankfully, we didn't need it then. God knew that. We've been waiting and waiting for the check to show up. Earlier this week the check came. It was $10 less than the amount we needed to pay Ryan's tuition for Feb.! I just cried. God knew our needs and exactly when we needed it. Thank you, Lord!

There have been 3 other situations this week where God has provided and revealed Himself to me and how He is working. I am so thankful that I was aware of Him in these situations. He is all I need!

3 comments:

Jo from Dixie said...

I love it!!!!

Gail said...

Very cool. :)

Mom said...

God is like that. He has done that over and over for us through the years. I have stories to tell.