Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Good Ole Cup O' Joe!

Just in case you wanted to know..... (ha) I am now on my way to being a coffee snob! So, this is how the story goes. I LOVE Starbucks and a good cup of coffee/latte. However, I don't frequent it much b/c it can eat away at the funds.... if you know what I mean. So, I asked a dear friend of mine, "the coffee snob," how she makes her coffee (hers always tastes so yummy!) I knew I could do better than I was doing. I never really knew how to make coffee. I just read my manual (yes, I read the manuals to things). We got a coffee maker as a wedding gift, but we never drank coffee. The coffee maker actually stayed in the box for almost 4 yrs., until I discoverd that I liked to drink the stuff! So, anyway, my sweet friend came over today for my lesson! Did you know that you can take coffee making lessons? I bought a coffee bean grinder b/c I was told I have to start with coffee beans. My sweet "coffee snob" friend brought over some yummy Starbucks beans for me to try out! She taught me her tips and tricks.... the end result..... a Good Ole Cup O' Joe!! Anyone want to come over for a cup of coffee? I may even have some muffins! (Thanks for the lessons sweet "coffee snob" friend.)

1 comment:

Lowman Family said...

I am sure that your "coffee snob" friend was happy to share her secrets with you. You are always so kind to share your yummy recipes. Muffins and coffee do sound good... what day would be good for you. We can make it a playdate! :)