My sister and her family came from So. FL to visit us the week of July 4th. We had a great visit and the kids all had a wonderful time playing together. We don't get to see each other as often as we would like since we live far apart. When the kids do see each other, they pick up and play like they see each other all the time. We were a little cramped with 9 of us in the house, but it worked out great. Now if we had to live like that all the time..... well, I don't think we will be trying that!! Since they had never been here, we showed them a little around "town." We went to the local park (and all played like kids.) The kids love to bowl, so we of course took them to the bowling alley. It's really neat, they have "kid lanes" that are just perfect (adults can bowl on the kid lanes too -- and we did!) We ventured to the movie theater to see Wall-E. Enough said...... we weren't big fans! Of course we worked in a little shopping and driving around. My niece, Annabella, informed me that I needed some "girl time." She told me since I only had boys at my house, then I needed to make sure we had some "girl time." We did have some... shopping/cooking, but I also enjoyed braiding Annabella's hair. I wasn't even sure if I still could do it. I haven't lost my touch. On July 4th, we went to a local Festival. The kids and I decorated cupcakes (while Ryan took a nap) and then that evening, we went to watch the fireworks! I did have one revelation while they were here..... I am NOT cut out to ever have 5 kids and/or cook for 9 people on a regular basis!! I was worn out! It was all worth it for the short week we had together and I would do it again. So..... y'all come back!



No comments:
Post a Comment