Monday, July 14, 2008

Lots to update -- VBS first!

We had a wonderful week at VBS. It was jammed packed with music, dancing, skits, Bible stories, crafts, missions and more. We had over 1500 kids come to VBS this past week. Over 40 kids made a decision for Christ. WHOO HOO! There is a girl in our church who is in South Africia for a year doing missions work... we call her "Missions Momma." We even got to talk with her via a "web cam." It was so cool! Stuff like that still amazes me. Each day when Jason got home, he'd ask the boys what they learned about today. It was so neat to see each of them recall what they learned in their classes. Ryan remembered SO much! Jason and I were so impressed. I of course had to stop by his class and let his wonderful teachers know that they were doing a fantastic job! (Thanks Rainer for giving your time to teach our little ones). Ryan was trying to tell us about a song he learned in his class, but he couldn't remember how it went. I am going to have to go buy the CD for Outrigger Island, I really loved the music this year. Nathan on the other hand, did not! I don't get it! Anyway..... one little funny story..... we were sitting at the table on evening having dinner and Jason asked them what they had learned at VBS. Ryan started saying that they learned about a King. I said, "What about the King?" He just sat there trying to think. So, I asked "Was he a happy king?" "No", he replied and he made an angry face. "He was mad." "So what did he do?", I asked. Ryan sat there thinking. He said, "He burn the children in the fire!" "WHAT????" Jason and I replied. "Ummm, no sweetie. Remember he was angry because the boy (scribe) had written down the Word of God, what God told him to write on the scroll? And what did the king do to the scroll?" "He tear it," Ryan said. "That's right, he tore it and then what did he do?" I asked. "He burn it with the fire," Ryan replied. "Yes, that is right." Whew!!! Ok, so he got a little off, but we straightened it out! He was so cute remembering the truths we learned every day and the Motto for the week: Know the truth, Speak the truth, Live the truth. He did the had motions with it too. One day he did come out with this Truth.... "Jesus is the Only Word." I said, "Jesus is the Word of God?" "Yeah, yeah..." he said. "And Jesus is God's Only Son?" "Yes, Mommy... Jesus is God's Only Son!" Such a sweetie, soaking up God's Word. God taught us all this week!

No comments: