Anyway, so I finally decided (yes, I am indecisive) on the service I wanted. It's not an every day occurance to get a treat at the spa. But oh, how I wish it were. Ok, I'd settle for once a month! Really, I would! So, I had planned on getting a massage, but I wanted to wait to use it for the most beneficial time. You know, really stressed or lousy feeling. Well, I had plenty of those days in the past 2 1/2 yrs. and I still didn't schedule a massage.
Finally last week, I decided to try something totally new. I am so glad I did. For one, I found a coupon for $10 off a service I'd never tried before. That did it! I called and asked about a few different facials they offered. After finding one that offered a hand, foot and scalp massage along with the customized facial. I scheduled the 85 mins. of pure bliss!
Seriously, I had NO idea it would be as theraputic and aaahhh..mazing as it was! The entire experience was incredible. There was just one problem, it made me want to do it again. And again. And again. I could become quite accustomed to the pampering.
It's not like me to take time out for me. I feel guilty when I do. But I am learning to work on that. This sure helped jumpstart me wanting to take time for me. Having a giftcard helped too!
My skin felt incredible. Let me rephrase that. My whole body felt incredible. It was like a massage and facial all in one, really. I didn't know that I could be so relaxed. I have NEVER been that relaxed in my life! Now are you seeing why I want to go back, tomorrow... um, I mean ..... next month?!
For those who KNOW me, you'll never believe what I did when I left. I had to run some errands before picking the boys up from school. So naturally, I planned ahead and took my make-up with me. I mean, really... to go out in public without my make-up on. Uh. NO! Right??? But.... I did! I really did! And ya know what? I didn't care. My skin felt so fabulous that I didn't want to put ANYTHING on it. I didn't even want to be outside with all the impurities in the air. I know.... a little overboard in my thinking. But, that's what I was thinking. So, I ran my errands without a stitch of make-up. I still can't believe I did it. No make-up the entire day!
Want to know what else made the day so amazing? My sweet Bible Study leader called that morning and said she was bringing us dinner. So.... I didn't even have to cook! I got to spend the afternoon/evening relaxing with my boys!

3 comments:
I KNOW what you mean...about all of this. I finally had my first facial two months ago and I can't believe I waited 31 years for one! AND I didn't wear makeup after either - the HORROR! But, it wasn't so bad. (I cheated...I still had eye makeup on. Don't judge.) And I never take time for myself either. Maybe I wouldn't be so NUTSO if I did.
Maybe.
Glad you enjoyed it. I know you deserved it very much. :)
Sophisticated Steps
Proud of both of you girls. Can I say you are both a "chip off the old block"? Yes, I regret not taking more ME time---makes us better mothers, wives, women in general. If the Lord needed time to get away from the crowds, don't we? Yes, I know He never went for a facial, but our lives are in a different era and phase. It's hard to get over that guilt feeling sometimes of pampering ourselves. But we do need it.
Amen!!
Post a Comment