Six of us met up at a local spot to try our hand at painting on canvas. I was really excited. I'd been wanting to try it for quite some time. We had to decide on one painting before we arrived. I have to say... I was pretty impressed that we all found one we agreed on.
I am a perfectionist and told myself ahead of time that whatever the outcome was... it would be okay! I wanted to enjoy the night, not stress over it. I am proud to report, that I did a pretty good job. The finishing touches made me nervous, but with a little help.... I am quite proud of the final outcome.



5 comments:
I am sooooo impressed! Grandmother's talent is being carried on! If you did that great on your first try, I'd like to see what else you can do. :)
Sophisticated Steps
Aw, thanks, Gail! I too thought while painting... Grandmother would be proud (if I do say so myself). It was lots of fun and I DO want to paint some more just to see what I can do. S-t-r-e-t-c-h myself, ya know.
I need to read your posts first---Gail always steals my comments!! LOL (It's okay, Gail.) Yes, Grandmother WOULD be proud, for sure, and Mom is too! Lots of hidden talent yet in this family. Keep going and see where it goes. (I won't get rid of those artist brushes yet.)
You still have them? Well, of course you do. Hmm... I would love to have them when you are ready to part with them. I was looking at some today at HL.
What can I say, I'm quick as a Fox. Haha.
Pun obviously intended...anyone else reading this won't get it. ;)
Sophisticated Steps
Post a Comment