Saturday, April 12, 2008

Peter Cottontail



Yesterday was another rainy day around here. Ryan and I ran up to Nathan's classroom to help out and when we got back there was a little brown bunny in the back yard right outside the kitchen window. I quietly told Ryan so that we wouldn't scare the bunny away. Ryan loved the little bunny watching him. (That's what he told me.... the bunny was watching him.) He sat in a chair and talked to the bunny while I fixed lunch. He said, "The bunny no hear me, Mommy." I think he was expecting it to talk back to him. (Maybe that's what watching movies like Alvin and the Chipmunks make him think!) Anyway.... I thought it was so cute. Ryan then decided to show the bunny his little airplane and dog and a Hot Wheels car that he'd played with that morning. He was wanting to share! While we were eating lunch the bottom fell out of the sky and frightened the little bunny away! Ryan just wanted to know where he went. I told him the bunny was under our deck to try to stay out of the rain.

No comments: