Friday, March 20, 2009

The BIG 4-0!

Today is my BIG brother's 4-o-th birthday! I can't believe it! But ya know what that means?I'm getting closer to that number too! Thankfully I still have a little ways to go! Whew! I had a hard enough time turining 35! I'm over that. It hasn't been so bad.

I think I just made it more in my head. Crazy, I know!

I remember when my Mom turned 4-0! I really do. But what I remember most about it is a note pad that she got from a good friend of hers. It read: "F-o-r-t-y isn't old unless you are a tree!" Why is that what I remember???

Anyway..... Brian, you aren't a tree, so you aren't old. It's a mind thing. As much as we'd like to stall our age and not grow any older.... that's not God's way. We never know how long God gives us here on earth. We need to make each day our best and live it for Him (however long that is).

Being the little sis, I know that sometimes I was a pest, but I am so thankful that I had an older brother to grow up with and can grow old-er with! Wishing you the best birthday ever!! Love you!!

No comments: