Monday, August 3, 2009

Homeschooling: Day 1

Today was fantastic! The boys were so excited. We started off the day with our morning devotion. I had planned to do one with each of the boys, however, Ryan was so into the one I did with Nathan, that we made it for both of them. We talked about how God gives us the tools to build our life correctly. The Bible is full of God’s building plans to show us how to make good things in our heart and life. Ryan was the perfect student wanting to participate and have all the answers. He was raising his hand and waiting to be called on. It was so cute!
I told the boys that we would be memorizing scripture and that I would be learning right along with them. Our first verse was 2 Peter 1:3 “His divine power has given everything we need for life and godliness.”
I had no idea that Ryan was going to want to be right in the middle of everything, but he was. I quickly realized that I am going to have to find a way to work with them both. Not that I didn’t think pre-K didn’t count, I just wasn’t placing a big enough emphasis on it with him. He will be going to Mother’s Day Out twice a week starting next month. Until then, I have got to figure out how to teach him and Nathan. That’s really hard for me, since both boys need my instruction fully right now. Unfortunately, I think I am going to focus more on getting Nathan going and then will pick up with Ryan.
We got a lot accomplished our first day and I felt so good about it. Honestly, my favorite part was our time with God first thing in the morning. Here’s to a great year!
Crazy me, I forgot to get their picture of our 1st day….. Drat! Then again a picture in our p.j.s isn’t that glamorous!

1 comment:

Lowman Family said...

Sounds like a GREAT day. I am so excited for you all and for the memories your boys will have.