Monday, January 5, 2009

Surprises!!

This has seemed like a small season of big surprises around here. We love surprises, but sometimes they can be hard to pull off. Jason seems to be pretty good at it though, he always has!

Let'd start back with the surprise of my diamond/sapphire tennis bracelet he bought me when we were dating. I was shocked!


4 months later, he TOTALLY surprised me with an Engagement Ring!!! It was/is BEAUTIFUL.... more than I had EVER imagined!


He's even surprised me with a weekend getaway and kinapped me from school where I was teaching. It was an incredible weekend and he planned the WHOLE thing perfectly with out me knowing a thing! (My sister, my principal and assistant principal all knew, but nope, not me... had NO CLUE of any of it!) I didn't even know where we were going until we finally got there.


Then, not long after we moved here, he planned another weekend getaway. This one I knew we were going somewhere and that his cousin was keeping Nathan for us, but that was it. He created a "book" and I was sent on a hunt for the other pages. However, this wasn't just any hunt, it was interactive and pampering all at the same time! Let's put it this way..... he had set up a fun day for my friend and me to go shopping (a WHOLE new outfit and accessories), lunch, manicure and pedicure (for both my friend and me) and then had a limo waiting for me to take me to our hotel where he was waiting for me in our double suite --- I'm telling you, this guy has connections!


Anyways, it has always been fun to be the recipient of such fun surprises! Jason is so creative and thoughtful and I love him dearly.


So, this Christmas, he says he wants to see me REALLY exicted over his gift to me --- what did I want? Like I've ALWAYS told him.... it's not stuff that makes me REALLY happy. "You don't always have to try to out-do yourself and get bigger and better. I am not materialistic like that." Sure, don't get me wrong, it's nice to have nice things, but it doesn't "make ME." I can be content with what I have.


I had a few things on my list, but there wasn't any one BIG thing that I REALLY wanted. What I would like to have had, I just knew was not an option, so I didn't even put it on the list.


Well, I was surprised Christmas morning when I opened his gift to me ----- and it wasn't even on my list, but he KNOWS me! He knew I had no idea when I opened it and he was my reaction, just the reaction he was hoping for!
-- Yep, it's a Dell! :) and boy, do I love it! Thanks, honey!!!

I had a few surprises up my sleeve this Christmas too, but not to the magnitude of what he's done for me over the years! (hmmm..... maybe someday I can remedy that!)

No comments: